What type of food do you feed your pet?

My personal preference of food is the grain free type. I have found that not only does this type of food seem to keep my dogs teeth cleaner but I need to feed smaller amounts! I also add raw or cooked vegetables and plain pumpkin to add fiber to their diet.

When I look at labels for my dog’s pet food I make sure that the following apply:

Natural Ingredients – with commercial foods, they usually have some type of preservative but I try to be sure that these types of substances are at a minimum.
Protein (or meat) sources are listed first on the label – this means that these are the main ingredients in the formula.
No corn, no wheat, and no gluten – this ensures that inflammation will be decreased.
The type of “fat” in the product is labeled as the specific animal type – i.e. “beef” or “chicken” instead of “animal fat”.
No BHT or BHA – this is a cheap and potentially dangerous preservative.
No Menadione

I also add Casey Pets Essential Supplement to be sure my dogs have all they need to combat the toxins that are in our environment and their immune system is in top form.
 ~ Nancy

*Follow us on TWITTER: www.twitter.com/caseypets
**Fan us on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Casey-Petraceuticals-LLC/92820534284



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment