A week of Thanksgiving

As the Thanksgiving approaches, many people start talking about what they are thankful for this year.  Their family, their jobs, etc. All legitamate thanks but what about our pets?  I hate to admit it but I know I take my pets for granted.  I don't choose to, it just happens.  What would our lives be like if we didn't have that wagging tail to come home to or that soft nudge of a head to wake us up from all our worrying.  They don't ask much from us....a shelter, some food and perhaps a pet or two, that's it!  Who do you know that would give their devotion to you with just that in return? 

I like to think back at all the time my cat has been there for me.  Although he can't litterally speak to me, we have had many conversations, he's been there through many of the hard times and good times, he has comforted me when I was sick, and he has snuggled close to me when nites were cold.  My dog keeps me laughing and what is more important than that? 

If you have a special story about why you are thankful for your pet this holiday...or whenever...please let everyone know!  Your pets deserve recognition!  Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment