Mental Wellness in Pets

Cabin fever, stir crazy, winter blues, climbing the walls...


We've all heard the phrases and some of us have even felt it first hand but how many of you know that it is the same for pets? 

Recently, I've been a bit busy in my life and unfortunately I've not had as much time to spend with my pets.  I didn't really realize just how much it was effecting them until I took the time to play with them. They were completly bored out of their minds! Literally! 

Take a good look into your pet's eyes and then go and spend an hour playing or walking outside.  Now look again.  Notice a difference?

Pet's depend on us to provide entertainment, except for those select few that entertain themselves, so it is our duty to keep their mind as healthy as we keep their body.  Here are a few ideas to keep your pet's mind in tip top shape!

  • Dog day care (if you are in the Raleigh, NC area, I highly recommend Dog Diggity Daycare)
  • Kong Toys
  • Busy Buddy toys
  • Interactive toys - here is a great list of these types of toys: Interactive Toys
  • Walks
  • Dog parks (please see our blog on dog parks)
  • Play dates for dogs - yes, they do these!
Be creative! Do what you think your pet will like best! Above all...HAVE FUN!  You'll be amazed at the difference it will make in your pet and yourself!



Come visit us at http://www.caseypets.com/!
Remember to join us on Facebook!
Read the latest from Nancy on Twitter!

2 comments:

Nancy Seymour said...

I believe when we come home the look in our pets' eyes tell all. They are thrilled to see us. My Alley always brings me a toy and quietly stands staring at me. I put my bundles down and stalk to her in our game of total attention. Then my bichon, Caley joins in the action and all all of us reunite. They long to be with us but stimulation is so important. They love their own kind! They are stimulated and enjoy other dogs. Even on walks they like to connect and briefly play. They always look over at their "friends" homes. I totally agree stimulation on walk not just being on cell but talking with them is important. After all, they give us their "unconditional love", we can return the time/attention. They are so worth it.

construction said...

So nice ! First of all, I liked your blog. I totally agree stimulation on walk not just being on cell but talking with them is important. thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment